Storing your landscape supplies doesn’t have to be a frustrating task. With the right organization, your tools can be neatly stored away, ready for when you need them. If you have a small space or are just looking for simple tips to keep things tidy, we’ve got FIVE ideas you are going to love:
- When dealing with a small outdoor shed, make sure everything has its own space. Adding hooks and shelves not only saves room but also allows for quick access to frequent use items.
- Creating seed storage solutions can be a fun family project and will help recycle household items like shoe boxes, plastic containers, and even larger envelopes. Find a container that holds the amount you need to store and let your little ones (or the kid in you) get creative.
- Hanging jars can be another space-saving measure for smaller items. Simply screw the top of the lid to the bottom of a shelf or ceiling. The jar can be filled up and easily secured to the lid by twisting it on. Not only does this save space, but it also helps eliminate single-use plastic waste!
- Did you know pallets can be used for storage? You can even paint them to match your shed. Just add some screws and reinforcements, and voila – more space for tools!
- Shovels, rakes, and pitchforks can be stored outside, under an awning. This will keep larger items out of your shed AND out of the elements…not to mention, less dirt will be tracked in and out with larger, messier tools secured outside.
Organizing landscaping and gardening tools won’t just make your space cleaner, it will also improve the look of your yard!
Want more landscaping tips? Give us a call at (519) 448-1449 or stop into Dragonfly Landscape Supply. We’d love to hear from you.